Morso 8140 Wood burning Fireplace
Price for the Unit only
The Morso 8140is characterised by its pure and simple design. The combination of soft curves and simple details gives the stove a light and timeless appearance that can be enjoyed for many years to come.
A WOOD BURNING STOVE WITH CLEAN LINES AND PRACTICAL DETAILS
The stove is made of a quality cast iron with an impressive strength that prevents buckling and ensures the stove remains airtight. Cast iron is particularly suitable for emitting heat and it also retains the heat for longer, producing an even and comfortable warmth. Morso 8140 combines form and function in a design that makes the stove easy to use. As a practical detail, the stainless steel handle is removable to always ensure a cool handle when opening the stove. The stove’s air inlet is controlled by means of a single, discreet control.
- Rated Output: 3-8 kW
- Heats up: 45-120m2
- Flue Size 150mm
- Height: 869 mm
- Depth: 450 mm
- Width: 530 mm
- Length of Fire Box: 33 cm
*Price excludes Delivery Fee and Installation Costs. Please inquire for a full quotation.
If the Morso stove smokes or does not heat – check the following:
If the stove smokes or burns poorly the usual cause is a reduced chimney draught.
- If the stove is cold it might help to ignite some crumpled paper in the cleaning door of the chimney before establishing a fire in the stove.
- The chimney and/or the stove pipe may be obstructed.
- Leaks in the chimney reduce the draught.
- The chimney may be too low. The chimney has to be built according to the local building code, which in most cases means that the top of the chimney must rise at least 1m above the ridge of the roof.
- Large trees, neighbouring buildings, hills and other landscape conditions may cause down-draught in the chimney.
Although your stove will operate with virtually any wood, wet or green wood (unseasoned) should be avoided. Firewood should be seasoned for at least one year, preferably two years. Avoid using wood which has been exposed to salt water (driftwood, fish boxes, etc.) as the salt is very corrosive and will reduce the life of the stove and the chimney.
Sweep the Chimney at least every two years and maintain the fireplace in the summer.