Morso 6148 Pedestal Wood burning Fireplace
Price for the Unit only
The Morso 6148 stands like a sculpture on its pedestal. It is a stove with a timeless and minimalist design with the benefit of a large glass door that provides an excellent view of the dancing flames.
Behind the glass, Morso has developed combustion technology that uses pre-heated air to ensure a higher temperature in the firebox, so that almost all the flue gases are burnt. This results in both more environmentally friendly combustion and better fuel economy. The 6148 is DEFRA Approved for use in smoke control areas.
CAST IRON STOVES WITH EASY OPERATION
The Morso 6148 is a small convection stove offering the perfect solution when heating needs are limited or as a supplement to another heat supply. The stove has a one-handle system for controlling the air supply.
- Rated Output: 5 kW
- Heats up: 45-90m2
- Flue Size 125mm
- Height: 950 mm
- Depth: 386 mm
- Width: 451 mm
- Length of Fire Box: 30 cm
*Price excludes Delivery Fee and Installation Costs. Please inquire for a full quotation.
If the Morso stove smokes or does not heat – check the following:
If the stove smokes or burns poorly the usual cause is a reduced chimney draught.
- If the stove is cold it might help to ignite some crumpled paper in the cleaning door of the chimney before establishing a fire in the stove.
- The chimney and/or the stove pipe may be obstructed.
- Leaks in the chimney reduce the draught.
- The chimney may be too low. The chimney has to be built according to the local building code, which in most cases means that the top of the chimney must rise at least 1m above the ridge of the roof.
- Large trees, neighbouring buildings, hills and other landscape conditions may cause down-draught in the chimney.
Although your stove will operate with virtually any wood, wet or green wood (unseasoned) should be avoided. Firewood should be seasoned for at least one year, preferably two years. Avoid using wood which has been exposed to salt water (driftwood, fish boxes, etc.) as the salt is very corrosive and will reduce the life of the stove and the chimney.
Sweep the Chimney at least every two years and maintain the fireplace in the summer.