Morso 3440 Wood burning Fireplace
Price for the Unit only
The Morso 3440 is a convection stove with environmentally friendly heating. Morso 3440 is a well-equipped cast-iron wood-burning stove featuring a sophisticated combustion system with tertiary air supply for optimum control of the combustion process. The well-balanced air supply ensures that all the fuel gases are burned, and this means that the wood-burning stoves meet even the most stringent environmental requirements.
The Morso 3440 stove comes equipped with riddling grate, and ashpan, making it easy to remove ash and clean the stove. The large window is kept clean thanks to the air wash system whereby the secondary air supply for the combustion is forced down over the glass and keeps it clean. This ensures an excellent view of the fire.
- The stove can heat up to 105 m2
- Heat Output 7Kw
- Dimensions: H739 W554 D495
- Flue outlet 150mm
- Flue outlet top or Back
- Log length: 36cm
*Price excludes Delivery Fee and Installation Costs. Please inquire for a full quotation.
If the Morso stove smokes or does not heat – check the following:
If the stove smokes or burns poorly the usual cause is a reduced chimney draught.
- If the stove is cold it might help to ignite some crumpled paper in the cleaning door of the chimney before establishing a fire in the stove.
- The chimney and/or the stove pipe may be obstructed.
- Leaks in the chimney reduce the draught.
- The chimney may be too low. The chimney has to be built according to the local building code, which in most cases means that the top of the chimney must rise at least 1m above the ridge of the roof.
- Large trees, neighbouring buildings, hills and other landscape conditions may cause down-draught in the chimney.
Although your stove will operate with virtually any wood, wet or green wood (unseasoned) should be avoided. Firewood should be seasoned for at least one year, preferably two years. Avoid using wood which has been exposed to salt water (driftwood, fish boxes, etc.) as the salt is very corrosive and will reduce the life of the stove and the chimney.
Sweep the Chimney at least every two years and maintain the fireplace in the summer.